GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This website can be accessed at schooldepot.co.za (“the Website”) and is owned by The School Depot (PTY) LTD (Registration Number: 2005/025946/07) (“the Company”), which is a business in the Education industry with a specific focus on Uniforms, Stationery, Art products information technology related goods and services, financial related services and computer related goods and services.
- The applicant or user of the Website will be referred to as “the Customer”.
- The Company and the Customer shall be collectively be referred to as “the Parties”.
- The Website enables you to shop online for an extensive range of School Goods and Services including but not limited to: School Uniforms, Sports Clothing, Sports Goods, Computer related goods, Arts and Stationery products and shall for purposes hereof be classified as “Goods” or “Services” as the case may be.
- These Website Terms and Conditions govern the online procurement, delivery and installation of Goods, the rendering of related Services, and the use of the Website.
- These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person who procures Goods and Services through the use of this Website. By using the Website and by clicking on the “I Agree” button on the Website, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to all agreements between the Company and the Customer. For sake of clarity, this will include all accepted quotations and/or purchase price as indicated on the Website, and no variation, alteration, cancellation of or addition to these terms will bind the Company unless reduced to writing and signed by an authorised representative of the Company or contained in an invoice or other document issued by the Company.
Price and Payment
- The price shall be as stated on the Website with regards to Goods.
- In the event of Services and depending on the nature thereof the Company will deliver to the Customer an electronic quotation setting out the Services that will be rendered and the amount payable in respect thereof.
- All orders will be binding and, subject to these Terms and Conditions, may only be cancelled within 24 hours after the order was placed.
- The price payable by the Customer for the Goods and/or Services will be subject to adjustments for an increase in transport costs, taxation rates applicable to the Services, the introduction of any new Tax, levy or tariff payable by the Company in respect of the Goods and Services.
- In the event of Goods to be delivered to a Customer the price thereof will be payable immediately.
- Payment of any amounts due by the Customer with regards to Services will be made to the Company immediately after the invoice has been issued.
- In respect of Goods, once a Customer has selected his/her method of payment as well as accepted these Terms and Conditions, the Customer will be directed to a link to a secure site for payment of the applicable purchase price of the Goods, which is payable immediately.
- Payment in respect of Services may be made via accepted Credit- , Cheque- or Debit cards or by EFT bank transfer into the bank account of the Company, the details of which will be provided on request.
Delivery Risk and Ownership
- The method of delivery for Goods shall be by way of courier.
- Some Goods may carry additional delivery fees. Such additional fee are included in the delivery cost upon check out.
- Goods will be delivered to a Customer as soon as possible, but no later than 30 (thirty) days after receipt of payment (“Delivery Period”).
- The Company will notify the Customer in the even where good are unable to be delivered during the Delivery Period, where after the Customer may within 7 (seven) business days of receiving such notification, elect whether or not to cancel the order for the Goods and the Company will reimburse the Customer for the purchase price.
- In respect of Services, an additional call out fee shall be payable to the Company depending of the nature of the Services to be rendered.
- Any delivery note / tax invoice signed by the Customer and held by the Company shall be conclusive proof that the delivery was to the Customer.
- The risk of damage or destruction of Goods passes to the Customer upon placement of an order for Goods by the Customer and which order has been accepted by the Company.
- The ownership shall remain in the Company until the full debt owing by the Customer to the Company has been paid.
- In the case of repairs undertaken by the Company, repair times given are merely estimated and are not binding on the Company.
Returns and Refunds
The Customer shall be entitled to return Goods purchased within 7 (seven) business days, subject to such Goods being unused, undamaged, in their original packaging and in a resale-able condition.
- Should an allegation of defective Goods in any manner be made, the Company shall be awarded with a reasonable opportunity to inspect same.
- The provision of Goods and Services in subject to availability and in cases of unavailability, the Company shall refund the Customer in full within 30 (thirty) days from purchase.
- The Company shall take all reasonable steps to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of Goods on the Website. However, should there be any errors of whatsoever nature on the Website (which are not due to the Company’s gross negligence), the Company shall not be liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error, save – in the case of any incorrect purchase price – to the extent of refunding the Customer for any amount already paid.
- All goods taken on an approval by the Customer is deemed sold if not returned in the original state within 7 (seven) business days of issue.
- In the event of goods that are defective, the rights of the Customer are limited to the standard guarantee of goods supplied by the third party supplier.
- To be valid, guarantee claims must be supported by the original Tax invoice and the product must be represent the official product label of the Company and not be tampered with in any way.
- All guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment be tampered with.
- Under no circumstances will the Company be liable for direct, consequential, general or special damages arising out of:
- any cause whatsoever; and the Customer hereby indemnifies the Company against all claims of whatsoever nature which may be made against the Company arising from the use by any person of the Services or Goods provided in terms hereof.
- Under no circumstances will the Company be liable for damage from misuse or abuse of the Goods.
- Liability under the standard guarantee is restricted to the cost of repair or replacement of faulty Goods or Services. It is the duty of the Customer to return any defective Goods to the premises of the Company or as agreed by both Parties.
- Any item delivered to the Company will form the object of a pledge in favour of the Company for present and past debts.
- Under no circumstances will the Company be liable for any consequential damages whatsoever.
- No claim under this Agreement against the Company will arise unless the Customer has given the Company 30 (thirty) day’s written notice by prepaid registered post to rectify any defect or breach of contract.
- The Company shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Customers. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000(PAIA).
- The Customer hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court in respect of all proceedings connected with these Terms and Conditions notwithstanding that the amount claimed may exceed the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court, provided that the Company will not be obliged to institute action in the Magistrate’s Court.
- The person/s agreeing to these Terms and Conditions hereby warrant/s that he/she/they is/are duly authorised by the Customer to do so and indemnify/ies the Company against any loss or damages sustained by it in the event of such warranty being incorrect.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Company may, subject to giving the Customer 10 business days’ notice, transfer; assign or cede any or all of its rights, as stipulated in these Terms and Conditions, against the Customer to any 3rd Party (Natural or Juristic).